ImageZ camera club offers a varied range of competitions for it’s members. Prints and projected digital competitions are organised for the members and are judged by external judges..
2011/2012 – Competitions for ImageZ members
- Still Life (Projected Digital) 25th October 2011
- Landscapes (Print) 6th December 2011
- Portraits (Projected Digital) 21st February 2012
- The Best Image in the World Ever 2012 (Print) – 10th April 2012
Best Image in the World Ever 2012
The photo you submit for this competition should be your best shot, or three, taken during the full season from 1/April 2011 to the date of the competition. Subject and titles are completely open but this is a chance to show the work you’ve done recently not raid the archives for a great picture you took in the past.
ImageZ mini-challenge competition
The mini-challenge competition was created to help our members build skills in selecting images for themed competitions, printing them, mounting them and most importantly putting them in for review by the other members of the club. Contested over six rounds during the winter season, points are awarded to each entry and more points for placed images. At the end of the season the person with the highest score wins the mini challenge. Each photographer submits a maximum of two pictures to each round.
- Cheap (Print) 27th September 2011
- Street Photography (Print) 8th November 2011
- Blue (Projected Digital) 3rd January 2012
- Alternative Light Sources (Print) 7th February 2012
- Front Cover (Projected Digital) 20th March 2012 – please click here for more details
- Cheese (Print) 17th April 2012
For mini-challenge points are scored as follows
- Best image on the night scores 10 points
- Two second placed images each score 8 points
- Four third placed images each score 6 points
- All other entries score 4 points
We also compete with other clubs in the Chilterns Association of Camera Clubs, mostly through the annual Rosebowl competition.