A clash of dates for this weeks club meeting. The first round of the Rosebowl competition was hosted by Maidenhead via Zoom, while Chris hosted a talk and slideshow of our summer photowalks at our usual venue.
For this year’s summer program Kathy and Chris offered to lead photowalks in London (Chris) and Birmingham (Kathy). I wrote blogs on the London walk and the first Birmingham walk. This was the first time we have tried this type of meet-up. Chris opened the meeting with the core objectives of these walks. They are listed below, and explain better than I could here. The final point was met with a ripple of a ‘titter’. I think we can all identify with this statement!
- A great excuse to get out with your camera
- Cities offer a plethora of photographic opportunities in different genres
- No two days in the city are ever the same
- Security in numbers in an unfamiliar location
- Even if you know a location well, seeing it through other photographer’s eyes is always revealing
- Social event where you can get to know fellow club members a little better
- Sometimes it is just easier to take photos without partners and/or family!!!
There were 14 members in attendance, so we decided to have our tea break at the start, and could drink while we viewed the images, making it an informal, relaxed evening.
What was interesting was the way everyone interpreted a given scene in a different way, and saw different things.
We hope to repeat the exercise, so, if anyone would like to lead a photowalk next summer, please don’t be shy, Chris would be pleased to hear from you.
Meanwhile, back to the Rosebowl, news came in that ImageZ had come joint second in a very close competition with just 1 point separating each place.
All in all, a successful evening whichever members decided to attend.
Blogpost written by Tami
Next week is the first competition in the Club Challenge for this season and will be in the hall