Entering your image(s) into the club competitions is easy. Once you have clicked on the link below, you will be sent to a web entry form where you can submit your image(s) for any of the rounds, so if you have all your entries ready to go you can submit them all now!
Entry deadlines: The deadline for each competition round is stated next to it, typically midnight the Sunday before the competition night. These deadlines are final and you will not be able to submit your images after the stated deadline.
Image size: Please make sure your image is no bigger than 1600px X 1200px (WxH), a full article can be found here on resizing your image. The site will restrict the size of the file you can upload so if it returns an error please look at the size of your image as a possible cause.
Image Age: Check that your images are within the correct dates for the competition. If you are not sure then ask the Competitions Secretary. If an image is ‘out of date’ it will be removed although you will be offered the chance to replace it.
- A maximum of three images can be entered in any single competition with a maximum of two images in either the theme or open category
- In the event of more than 75 images being submitted in a single competition, only the first two images from any entrant will be judged and scored; the third image not presented may be used by the author in another competition; the third images will be deleted from the section where the member has entered two images’
- All entries for the OPEN sections of the Challenge Cup rounds must be no older than two years from the 1st September of the relevant year. For example, images entered in the season 2020-2021 must not be older than 1st September 2018.
- All entries for the THEMED sections of the Challenge Cup rounds must be no older than the date from which they were announced. For example, entries for the themes for 2020-2021 must not be older than 1st March 2020.
- The age rule does not apply to any parts of composite images.
Winner on the Night
- All entries for the OPEN section of these competitions rounds must not be older than two years from the 1st September of the relevant season. For example, images entered in the season 2020-2021 must not be older than 1st September 2018.
- All entries for any Themed sections of the Winner on the Night must be no older than the date on which they were announced. So, entries for the themes for 2020-2021 must not be older than 1st March 2020.
- A maximum of three images can be entered in any competition night. Where the event has 2 categories, a maximum of two images can be entered in each category (still 3 entries in total, so you can enter 2 images to one category and 1 image to the other one).
Please note: These competitions are for the clubs members, and therefore only members who have paid their annual membership subscriptions are allowed to enter images in the club competitions.
Click “enter competition” below to open the web entry page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Click here if you get a web session expired error when making your entry…
If you experience some trouble with entering the competitions and receive a web session expired message, then please try again by clicking the grey button below to open the entry system in another browser window/tab.
Still having trouble… ask Chenxi the Club’s Internal Competition Secretary
- Resizing your images for projected digital competitions
- Adding keylines or pin frames to photos for projected image competitions
- Which photo is the right one?
- An analysis of photographic judging