Front cover – mini-challenge #5
The fifth round of the mini-challenge competition is entitled Front Cover. This is a projected digital competition and will be held on 20th March 2012.
Entries must be sent to…
Please send your entries in using the wetransfer system to entries <at> imagezcameraclub.co.uk, though for spam reasons make sure to replace the <at> with a real @ symbol and no spaces either please. Allan is not managing entries for this competition, so sending to him directly won’t get your entry in.
- The aim is to produce an image to be used as a magazine front cover. As a magazine the front cover has some fixed elements over the top of your image
- Images must be portrait orientation and 742 pixels wide by 1050 pixels tall, please do not add a keyline or pin frame around the outside of your images. 742 x 1,050 pixels is the aspect ratio of an A4 page scaled to fit the clubs 1050 pixel high projector
- The title of the magazine fits over the top 160 pixels of your image, the March 2012 date is slightly below the 160 pixel line
- The story line “PHOTOGRAPHER WINS COMPETITION” is below an imaginary line at 970 pixels down the page
- You can submit a maximum of two entries, please use the titles 1-Front Cover and 2-Front Cover, so your files must be named 1-Front Cover@Your Name.jpg and 2-Front Cover@Your Name.jpg
- Your entries must be sent to the address above before midnight on 17/March/2012 – so we can go to press 🙂
- If you want to try and see how your images look with the overlay that will be used, then it’s available to download as a PNG file – click here to download the overlay
- You do not need to add the text or make the cover yourself also don’t add text on your pictures. The poorly trained monkeys will automatically add the heading, date and lead story over your pictures 🙂 – they better had or we will take away their bananas!
Here’s a couple of examples for you
Click either picture above to open them in a larger version.