PeachyPics.net and Friars Square are running a competition to find the best photograph of Aylesbury
The Friars Square shopping centre in Aylesbury is doing some remodelling for the arrival of the new H&M store. The escalators that go down to the cloisters section are being removed and will be surrounded by hoarding while the work is in progress. PeachyPics.net and the Friars Square management have teamed up to cover the plain hoarding in photos of Aylesbury with a competition for all kinds of pictures of Aylesbury.
Some simple guidelines
- The photographs can be of old Aylesbury or new and any subject.
- They must have been taken by the person who enters.
- They should be either brought into PeachyPics.net’s studio in Friars Square on a USB memory stick/key or cd. Digital images should be provided as large JPEGS in order that they can be printed up to 12 x 8 inches so that no one is disadvantaged. Digital files can also be emailed to look@PeachyPicsArt.net.
- If you only have a print then PeachyPics.net will scan it in.
- PeachyPics.net and Friars Square will then get the photographs printed up at 12 x 8 inch size and they will be displayed on the hoarding around the escalators in Friars Square.
- Customers to the centre will then be invited to vote for their favourite.
- There will be a prize for the winner and probably some prizes for runners up. Please make sure to include your name with any entries you send in.
- Closing date for entries is 31/March 2012. Judging will be completed by 30th June and the Winners announced in July.
— Andy Lane, the owner of PeachyPics.net is a former ImageZ camera club member —