This workshop will not be held in 2016/17 season
While digital photography has made it possible to take hundreds or thousands of pictures for little or no cost, the photographer who wants to take better pictures needs to learn many skills and use them before, during and after pressing the shutter. Photography is a combination of technical and artistic skills that offers endless scope of expression but also learning. ImageZ was formed to help members embrace and benefit from digital photography, where better to learn how to take better pictures than in the company of fellow photographers with the same interests.
Introductory workshop to help you take better pictures
This increasingly popular workshop is aimed at everyone who wants to take better pictures and learn how to get more from their current camera, be it mobile phone or expensive DSLR. Over a series of four sessions the workshop encourages people to take pictures with intent and purpose, the keys to better results.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- Fundamental camera controls, what do they do to your pictures and how they are related to each other
- Lenses, choosing or using the right ones to their best effect
- How to avoid the common pitfalls even with the most simple cameras
- Getting the colours and exposure you want
- Composition and framing to enhance the power of your pictures
- When and how to use flash
- How to manage your ever growing collection of images on a computer
- Simple image processing and preparing images for printing
These workshops run at the start of the winter season, usually from the third Tuesday in September and then every other Tuesday for four sessions. All club members are eligible to join these workshops, the cost is covered by the club membership fee.