The weather was very kind to us on Tuesday when a band of fifteen photographers stormed the streets of Thame to take photographs.
We welcomed a new member Mark who had previously seen our Exhibition at Queens Park Arts Centre in Aylesbury and been tempted to come along to join our club.
We began at St Mary’s Church walking across to the river Thame.
It was interesting to see Robin Gibb’s grave (former BeeGees member) and the house where he had lived. The members spent a good thirty minutes taking photos and exploring this area. We then walked on past the original Lord Williams School which was founded in 1559 and the Alms houses.
Thame museum on the High Street presented another photo opportunity and we as continued up to the Town Hall built in 1888, we found quite a few more interesting things to shoot.
We decided to visit the pub ‘The James Figg’ to finish the evening in style with beer, lemonade, and laughter. James Figg was a champion bare-knuckle fighter who fought at this pub which was then called The Greyhound back in 1700’s. He was an early advocate of boxing and Martial Arts. A few of our party went up to Nelson Street to take pictures of the Fire station and Thame Players theatre.
It was a lovely warm summer evening was light-hearted, fun, enjoyable, and you can see some of our photographic results below. We look forward to the next evening when ImageZ go out on Location.